Monday, June 28, 2010

June 28, 2010 Tok to Teslin, AK

500 miles today.  Staying at Dawson Peaks Resort...basically a cabin by a small lake.  Mostly a RV park.  Will hit the road early again tomorrow.  Not sure of destination.  We changed our route early this morning to stay on AK 2 because we found out before we left that our intended northern route was ALL gravel.  We decided on the known horrrible route in the steady rain that was coming down.  We got rain for the first 6 hours/224 miles, and then glorious sunshile and 62 degrees the rest of the day...and finally decent roads.
Time for some rest...best to all,
da bears

2 comments:

  1. Kathy and i made it back home safe and sound. Had a most amazing week with da bears!! GB really did a superb job of researching, planning scheduling. I highly recommend him as a travel agent... he didn't miss a thing. We had wonderful weather the entire time we were there - don't know what you guys do to bring on the rain like you do!! Oh Curt, in case my husband hasn't mentioned it yet today, thanks for inviting him on this trip and letting me tag along! It was incredible! Sure was hard going back to work today. You guys be safe out there and remember... it's just water - you'll ride out of it... surely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I can't hear your voice, I have been watching how fast that spot is moving! Is something chasing you guys? Seriously, 10 and 12 hour rides is not really a vacation, is it? I posted some of the pictures on facebook. It really was AMAZING! Just when I thought I knew all my husbands talents, he surprises me with being a travel agent! Although, I agree with Rube ~ what do you boys do to bring on the rain!?

    ReplyDelete