Saturday, June 12, 2010

Greetings followers from Grumpy Bear

It is Thursday, June 10, and were are leaving Jasper with hopes of getting to Smithers, BC, 462 miles away.


Our day started with me once again in the lead.  I've wondered why BB likes me up there breaking the wind, (no pun intended), and today I found out.


No rain today, but it was raining DEER.  In all today I saw more than two dozen deer either on the road or close to it.   One in particular was hit by the car in front of me.   I don't think the deer survived since the car flipped her in the air and she smacked the pavement and rolled down the embankment.
He is having me screen the critters !!!!!

It is cool today, but no rain, in fact it was a great travel day and full of WOW. Every turn had a new awesome sight of a mountain, a lake, a river or a critter.

We shed clothes throughout the day as it warmed up with the bright sunlight. Sometimes I forget to put on the sunscreen, it was one of those days, and my face is red and no I'm not easily embarrassed.

It was a long ride but Smithers a is nice neat town with plenty of places to stay and good dining venues.

We stopped at the Sandman Inn and met Pam and Ed who took very good care of us and gave us several upgrades at no charge. They even had us park in the handicapped spaces in front of the hotel next to the door.  Ed did ask that we limp going in...no problem...long day on the bikes again.  Smithers is surrounded by mountains and the view from the hotel was again, awesome.

Tomorrow we start toward the Alaska Hwy up Hwy 37 and into places that are more remote and even fewer people, and less gas availability. Our destination tomorrow is Dease Lake, BC.


GB and BB

No comments:

Post a Comment