Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm sick of this RAIN

Greetings fans and followers, Grumpy Bear here.
Do you know what makes me Grumpy, ??
Rain, rain and more rain.  No wait, add cold rain (39 degrees), add  terrible roads, add mud, add fog, add long waits in construction areas, and slick metal and wood plank bridges.   That's what makes me grumpy today.
Do ya know what almost makes up for all that ??
I saw four Black bears today.
We also saw the most beautiful rainbow today just before we pulled into our resting place for the night.  It was the most defined, bold bright rainbow either of us has ever seen.  It was awesome !!!!
We covered lots of Canadian ground today with 664 miles covered despite the constant rain.
We left Teslin, Yukon this morning at 6:00AM and had great expectations of smooth traveling and dry weather.  That lasted all of 45 miles before we had to stop and pull out all the covers and raingear.  We didn't take it off the rest of the day.   Tomorrow doesn't look very promising either.   So if you need rain, just call da Bears and we will get on the bikes and head your way.  We are confident that the rain will follow us.
We are in New Hazelton, BC tonight and managed to locate a motel.  Everything in town closes at 9:00PM and we arrived in town at 8:45 PM. 
We hustled and talked the local Chinese restaurant into staying open for us.  Nice folks who obviously needed the business.  ( Just doing our part to boost the local economy).
It is easy to start a conversation when we stop.  Folks see the LA and ARK plates on the bikes and start asking questions.
The Bears are dragging and quite tired so it is off to bed and rest for us both.

da Bears

4 comments:

  1. If you go route 97 south out of Prince George, please stop in Woodpecker and take a picture.


    My life will be complete if you do that for me!

    Thanks,
    Badback Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I guess it is true ~ you have gone crazy! Let me get this straight . . . you have been riding 10 and 12 hours a day - mostly in the rain so that you can make it to Seattle in time . . . . to go on a RIDE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like he's got his priorities in order to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Pops always tells me "its just rain". It must be alot of rain if it is making him grumpy. I had to comment to say one thing. Riding bikes in the rain is better than working! That should lift your spirits a lil... You could be at the office. I do hope it clears up for you guys.

    ReplyDelete