Monday, May 17, 2010

Initial Comments

This is a first blog for me, so please pardon any rookie mistakes. I think you will notice that I am no writer. In two weeks, Curt Young and I will get on our motorcycles to begin a ride to Anchorage, Alaska. This trip has been envisioned and planned by Curt. We have been discussing this trip since September of 2009 when Curt first told me that I was going on a long motorcycle trip with him. Being retired does have it's advantages.
Several family members and friends have asked about being able to follow along on our journey, so this will be my attempt to provide some information to them. When we are near wi-fi hotspots and have time, I will try to update and add a few pictures to this site.
Our departure date and travel route have been somewhat fluid for the past few months as we have added a few extra days for side trips along the way. After we arrive in Anchorage, our lovely and extremely understanding brides will fly up for a week of sightseeing. We all hope to have a safe and exciting adventure. With that said...I hate packing. Riding is much more fun than all of this prep stuff!

3 comments:

  1. So, be sure to put on some pictures with my husband since we never did buy the camera for the comuter! Be safe. You have a couple of wives back here that would like to have you back home in one piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO how is the Goldwing doing with a WORKING Reverse and a good alternator?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So MAYBE a NEW Wing insight for Tuesday?

    ReplyDelete